Thank you for your interest in a Create project. We will develop and deliver each project in close collaboration with you, drawing on your specialist knowledge of the local area and your young and/or young adult carers (YC/YAC). This ensures that every project meets local need and is carefully tailored to your unique objectives and the carers’ interests and preferences.
We are delighted to have been shortlisted for the Children & Young People Now Young Carers award (winner announced November 2023).
“I DON’T OFTEN GET TO MEET AND WORK WITH OTHER YOUNG CARERS SO THIS WAS NICE. I THINK PROJECTS LIKE THIS ARE GOOD TO HELP LOSE SOME STRESS.”YOUNG CARER
change:matters upskills YC/YACs about money and family finances. Create designed the programme to address YC/YACs stated need for financial education, using a fun, accessible, creative approach. YC/YACs learn about finances through artistic media such as animation, music, photography, radio drama and graphic novel. Financial topics include saving, budgeting, needs versus wants, cost-effective shopping and planning for the future.
- YC/YAC will have developed their creativity / artform skills.
- YC/YAC’s ideas will have been encouraged, listened to and incorporated in the creative process, helping them to feel valued.
- YC/YAC and staff will have enjoyed / benefited from working with Create’s professional artist(s).
- YC/YAC will have developed their teamwork and communication skills.
- YC/YAC will have developed their financial literacy skills.
- YC/YAC will feel more connected to others.
- YC/YAC will have developed their self-confidence.
- YC/YAC wellbeing will have increased.
- YC/YAC’s achievements will have been celebrated through informal presentations, recordings, performances and other tangible outputs of the project, increasing their self-esteem.
- Your carer service’s programme of activities will have been enriched and enhanced by the inclusion of change:matters.
Currently, subject to artist availability and geographical location, we are able to deliver the following artforms: animation, music, photography, radio drama and graphic novel.
- A project will take place in venue over three full consecutive days during school holidays (including half-terms).
- Workshops need to be delivered between 4 September 2023 – 31 August 2024.
- 10-15 YC/YAC to take part in each workshop. A core objective is for YC/YAC to develop relationships, helping to reduce isolation, so we aim to have the same cohort of carers throughout. This project also covers a broad range of topics, all crucial to YC/YAC understanding of money/family finances, so they are encouraged to attend all sessions.
- You are asked to provide a suitable workshop venue.
- You are asked to provide at least one member of service support staff to attend all workshops for pastoral care and safeguarding, building relationships with participants and providing us with feedback.
- All staff and participants present at workshops are asked to complete a feedback questionnaire at the end of each workshop series to enable us to evaluate the programme against the intended outcomes.
To apply for a FREE change:matters project, please complete the form below.
MEET LAURA: “OUR WORKSHOPS HAVE HELPED ME LEARN THE VALUE OF MONEY.”
Young carer Laura discusses how visual arts on a Create workshop improved her financial literacy.