On this page you will find:
- A step by step guide on how to set up your fundraising page (as well information about how to get the most from your page)
- A pool of social media images that you can use to promote your participation in The #cre8in8 Challenge.
- Coming soon – details on how to link your Strava account to the challenge
1. How to set up your fundraising page
1. Click here to go to our #cre8in8 fundraising hub
2. Set up your fundraising page by clicking on Start fundraising in the top right hand corner
3. Sign in or register with Virgin Money Giving
4. Select create a new individual fundraising page
5. Type in #CRE8IN8 when asked “what are you doing to raise money?” Then enter the final date of the challenge 08 AUGUST 2020 when asked “when are you doing it?”
6. Create will already have been pre-selected as your selected charity. Scroll down and select No when asked “has your selected charity contributed to the cost of your fundraising?” Select whether you’d like to hear about our news, appeals and promotions. Click Create my page.
How to get the most from your fundraising page
1. Add a photograph of yourself to your page.
2. Add a cover photo to your page. Click here to download one.
3. Make it personal; add a story as to why you are fundraising. You can use the template text below.
4. Set a fundraising target; go on, be ambitious!
5. Reach out and spread the word to everyone you can: friends, family, colleagues! Use the images and tools in the image library below.
6. Keep shouting about it; update people on your training and progress.
7. Thank people: when somebody sponsors you make sure say “thank you”.
Template story text
“Hi everyone! From 1 – 8 August I’m going to be [running/walking] [8km/a half marathon] every day for eight consecutive days! “Why?!?” I hear you ask! To raise money for Create.
In these uncertain times many of us have felt isolated, confused and frustrated. Some, however, have felt this strain more than others. Young and adult carers, people with disabilities, children and adults with mental ill-health, frail older people … for many of these individuals, isolation is part of their everyday life – and the pandemic has only made it tougher. They deserve our support.
By raising money for Create I’ll be helping society’s most vulnerable children and adults by providing them with access to the transformative power of creativity. Create brings people together in creative arts workshops – such as dance, drama, music, photography – that unleash creativity, ignite imaginations, develop confidence, build relationships, and empower lives.
Big or small, your donation will make a huge difference to the lives of children and adults across the country. I really appreciate your support. Thank you for your donation.”
2. Engage on social media
2. We’ve created some social media images to help you announce to your friends and family that you’re taking part. Click here or on the image below to access them on Google Drive. There are different sizes for different platforms, and images specific to whether you’re running 8k or 8 half-marathons.
3. Here’s some sample text you can use for your social media post:
Hi all! From 1-8 August I’ll be [running/walking] [8km/a half marathon] every day for 8 days in a row! Please sponsor me, and help @createcharity reach society’s most vulnerable children and adults with the power of the creative arts. #cre8in8
Don’t forget to include your fundraising link!
4. Use the hashtag #cre8in8 with all of your social media posts so you can engage with others and keep track of your progress, and so we can see what you’re up to!
3. Join the Strava community
More information coming soon – watch this space!