Calling all emerging musicians, dancers, visual artists, drama artists and writers!
Nurturing Talent is Create’s programme for emerging artists. It offers an opportunity to six artists (all studies must have been completed) who are interested in gaining hands-on workshop experience to apply their professional practice in a community setting.
Over 12 months (approximately 25 days) you will:
• Work as a supporting artist alongside Create’s professional artist(s) to plan and deliver three or more creative arts projects (circa 18 days). You’ll work with different community groups (eg: vulnerable older people; young carers; disabled children; homeless adults).
• Attend seven professional development training days led by Create artists, which focus on leadership skills, workshop planning and delivery.
• Work in pairs to design and deliver your own workshop in one of Create’s community settings.
What you will gain
You will develop your skills and experience in the community alongside your own professional practice. Specifically you will gain:
• A developed understanding and practice of delivering high quality workshops with disadvantaged and vulnerable people in challenging community settings, working within your own artform and, if appropriate, in cross-arts workshops.
• Experience working with three different groups of participants.
• Support and feedback from Create’s professional artists and management team on a project by project basis.
• Development of your own arts-practice and leadership skills; leadership of a room; management of Create’s priority groups; learning through trial and error.
• Development of your communication and organisational skills to ensure clarity when setting tasks and giving clear instructions.
• Development of your interpersonal skills, time management, organisational and improvisatory skills in a professional context.
• The opportunity to become a candidate to join Create’s professional artist pool as a supporting artist.
• A bursary of £1,500 for the year, paid as half-day or full-day workshop fees.
Nurturing Talent GRADUATE AUTUMN talks about the programme:
“If you want experience from some of the best workshop facilitators, and to build your workshop practice, sign up! Create are an amazing charity and you will learn a great deal from a group of supportive and caring staff.”Louise Nicholls, Nurturing Talent 2020/21
Pictures from Nurturing Talent training days
Sign up to our newsletter
Stay up to date with all our latest news and opportunities.