As the nights grow darker and the frost creeps in, the signs are there that the season of goodwill is finally upon us! And what better way to spread festive cheer than to support the vital and life-changing programmes we deliver with disadvantaged and vulnerable children and adults? #GivingTuesday, on Tuesday 1 December, is a global day of giving to balance the sales of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It’s a perfect opportunity to come together and show the world why “it’s good to give.” We need your support to reach out to those who fall between the cracks of society and suffer from social isolation, as well as low self-esteem. What makes Create stand out is that we use the creative arts to empower people – whether that is drama, music, art, film-making or dance – so that everyone can realise their potential. There are several ways you can help us to achieve our goal:
- Sponsor a young carer to take part in our collaboration with Create Patron and renowned choreographer Matthew Bourne in January. Young carers will have the opportunity to perform a Curtain Raiser dance on stage at Sadler’s Wells to open a performance of Bourne’s Sleeping Beauty. A donation of £255 will give one young carer the chance to take part in this amazing experience.
- Support our programmes for young people with disabilities by buying one of their fabulous photographs, currently being exhibited in our show ‘Beyond’. Email email@example.com if you are interested in donating and receiving one of the artworks showcased in our gallery below in return.
- Why not donate the price of your daily cup of coffee to Create on Tuesday? The cost of a latte would help us buy paints to engage a victim of domestic abuse in a visual art workshop. Text CREA28 and £amount to 70070.
- Buying Christmas presents online? Sign up to Give as You Live and name Create (charity number 1099733) as your chosen charity. A percentage of what you spend on hundreds of sites – including Amazon – will be sent to us at no additional cost. Everyone wins!
- Help us bring joy to young patients who are receiving treatment for illnesses, injuries or disabilities. A donation of £37 would give a child in a hospice or hospital the chance to sing, play instruments and dance for half an hour, , reinvigorating their sense of individuality and distracting from the stress of medical procedure.
If you believe in the power of the creative arts and want to get involved in #GivingTuesday, please choose Create as your charity to support.